It’s always quite annoying to see an error on Kodi. If you are a Kodi user, you would have come across many errors when trying to use some add-ons. Some common error is Stream authorization error, Playback failed error, Check log error, crashing, and some more. Of all the error, I personally felt that the most annoying error is ‘Error, Check the log for more information’. In this article, we will see all about check log error and how to fix it.
Kodi Error: Check the log for more information
Whenever an error occurs, Kodi will prompt you the details. For instance, if you have a stream authorization, It will show a notification saying ” to play this video, authorization is required” and along with it, the website URL will be provided. If in case Kodi cannot identify the error, it will redirect you to log file saying that “Error, Check the log for more information”.
This error occurs mostly when you try to install Kodi some add-ons like the exodus, mobdro, istream, ares wizard, etc… keeps a track on all the error messages in the log file. The log file contains all the information that is specific to error, which enables us to find the exactly about the error and to find the relevant solution for it. It is also known as Kodi Log Error.
How to Fix Kodi Log Error Using Log Viewer
The easiest way to check out the Kodi log files is, installing the Log Viewer Addon. Kodi has an addon to view the logs default called “Log Viewer for Kodi”. It is an official addon, as it is created by the official Kodi team. It is available in the official Kodi repository.
Steps to install Log Viewer for Kodi
- Launch Kodi.
- Select Add-on from the menu on the home page.
- Select on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Select Install from repository.
- Search for Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Now select Program Add-ons.
- Under that, you will get a huge list of add-ons. you can either scroll down or use search option to find Log Viewer for Kodi Addon.
- Select it and Install it.
We have successfully installed the Log Viewer for Kodi. Now let’s see how to use it to fix the error.
- One opening it, Log Viewer for Kodi will provide you with the following four options Show log, Show Old Log, Upload Log file, and Settings.
- Select Settings from the option.
- Under that you will find Invert Log(most recent first), enable it. Enabling this will provide you with a list of all the error logs from the latest to the past.
- You can also enable Show log when an error occurs. This will show you the error details through notification whenever an error occurs. You can turn it off if it feels annoying.
- Now go back to the Log Viewer for Kodi menu and select Show Log option.
- This will show you different error messages with time.
When you found the exact reason for the occurrence of the error, you will be able to find the accurate solution for it. Some of the common suggestion for fixing the error is
- Clearing the cache files
- Clearing the database files
- Updating the URL resolver
We have provided you with all the details about the Check log Kodi Error. Hope this will be helpful for you. If you find any issues with the installation steps or any feedback, kindly comment below.